The Business ? Below are our Terms and Conditions which expand and include the above information and covers each Space whether specifically mentioned or not. When you enter into a rental period with us, you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to the information above and our Terms and Conditions. We define the premises to be SPLICE Studios located at 111 Long Circular Road, Maraval, Trinidad. West Indies.
If you need any clarification at all feel free to chat with us. We would love to get to know you and help further your work in any way we can.
Terms & Conditions
- Studio Seven shall not be left unattended. If the Client must leave, a manager or agent of SPLICE Studios must be called in to attend Studio Seven before the Client can leave. In that case SPLICE Studios or its agent may lock up Studio Seven until the Client returns.
- Storage areas shall not be accessed without approval from SPLICE Studios or studio mangers.
- SPLICE Studios rental shall not be used for residential purposes or overnight stay. No one is allowed in the studio between 10pm and 6am without the agreement of SPLICE Studios.
- SPLICE Studios does not have a license to sell intoxicating liquor. Any Client wishing to do so upon the Premises must seek and obtain the appropriate License.
- The Hours for Film and Television production at Splice Studios are between 6 a.m. and 12 midnight and can be amended based upon your production needs and approval by SPLICE Studios.
- Clients may book a time-slot (2 hours minimum) within these operating hours.
- A booking is confirmed once a deposit of 50% is paid.
- Clients are required to pay the remaining balance IN FULL 3 days (72 hours) before booking start time. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the booked time-slot without refund or notice.
- The following fee apply to Clients who pay in full but cancel prior to their start time:
(i) Clients that cancel 48 hours prior to start time forfeit 25%% of their Security Deposit.
(ii) Clients that cancel 24 hours prior to start time forfeit 75% of their Security Deposit.
(iii) There shall be no refund of a Security Deposit to Clients that cancel less than 24 hours prior to start time.
- Clients booked time-slot begins when they start setting-up and ends when Clients clean up and loading is completed.
- All Clients are allowed to arrive 30-minutes early to start unloading (more details under RATES below).
- Timeslots remain fixed despite late arrival to a booking.
- Overtime is billable (more details under RATES below).
- Studio Seven
|Hourly (2 hour minimum)||Photography $600 VI Film and Video – $1,840 VI|
|Half-Day: any continuous 6-hour block of time within general hours of operation:||Photography – $3,200 VI Film and Video – $5,176 VI|
|Full–day: any continuous 12-hour block of time within the general hours of operation:||Photography – $5,000 – $7,000 VI
Film and Video – $9,560 – $13,560 VI
|Events and Launches||$11,816 VI (max 40 people)|
|Standard Cleaning Fee||$350|
Note: Arrival up to 30 minutes early is allowed for unloading for both full and half-day reservations
Overtime: $850 per hour or any part thereof for photography, $1,300 per hour, pro-rated to the nearest 15 minutes for all other services.
- The Loft
Half-Day: any continuous 6-hour block of time within general hours of operation.
Photography – $2,504 Film – $3,504 VI
Full–day: any continuous 12-hour block of time within the general hours of operation.
Photography – $5,000 Film – $7,000 VI
Full–day Talent: any continuous 12-hour block of time within the general hours of operation for holding of talent only
Standard Cleaning Fee
Note: Arrival up to 30 minutes early is allowed for unloading for both full and half-day reservations
Overtime: $1,000 per hour, pro-rated to the nearest 15 minutes
- The Meeting Room
Full-day Film and Video
- SPLICE AUDIO/PODCAST
Note: Arrival up to 30 minutes early is allowed for unloading for both full and half-day reservations
Overtime: $150 per hour, pro-rated to the nearest 15 minutes
- Types of Passes:
|Type of Pass||Time & Costs||Included|
|Day pass||8am-7pm M-F$115 vi||Hi-speed internet, Dedicated desk, Coffee and tea|
|Week Pass||8am-7pm M-F$563||Hi-speed internet, Dedicated desk, Printing, 5 free pages, Coffee and tea, 2 hrs free meeting room time|
|Monthly Pass||24 hr acces$1,575||Hi-speed internet, Dedicated desk, Printing, 20 free pages, Coffee and Tea, 6 hrs free meeting room time, Discounted rates for meeting room, Coffee and Tea|
- SECURITY DEPOSIT
- For events and large shoots with 20+ people, we require a Security Deposit of $1,500 to $5,000 which can be increased or decreased at the sole discretion of SPLICE Studios based on the nature of the shoot/event. An additional standard cleaning charge of $300 shall be applied for shoots/events of this number.
- The Security Deposit or balance thereof shall be returned within five (5) days of the end of the booking (minus any deductions due to damage, additional cleaning fee, additional attendees and overtime).
- For events and large shoots with 15+ people, the rate of the Security Deposit shall be agreed prior to booking and depends on the size and nature of the shoot/event and space being booked. An additional standard cleaning charge of $350 shall be applied for shoot/events of this number and is based on leaving the space in a reasonable state. A higher rate is chargeable if the space is left particularly dirty. Any additional cleaning charges are taken out of security deposit payments.
- SPLICE Studios shall perform a walk through after your event/shoot to assess the state of the space to ensure items are left in good condition and not missing. This may affect your Security Deposit and so we encourage you to attend.
- Security Deposits are held as security against breach of terms as stated on this page and the full amount will be retained if any stated terms are breached by the Client and/or their guests.
- At the end of the rental period, Clients shall clean and restore the space they have rented to its initial condition, except for reasonable wear and tear.
- WRAP POLICIES
- All rental spaces and common areas incidental to your use are to be left swept (broom provided) and cleared of any debris or set pieces.
- Additional clean-up will result in additional charges.
- Damaged/ missing property will be billed accordingly.
- Additional disposal services will be quoted as necessary.
- This may affect the Security Deposit so referred to above.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden inside the SPLICE Studios building.
- A designated ground-floor smoking area is provided OUTSIDE the building.
- Cigarette butts are to be put in ashtrays (provided).
- No illegal substances are to be brought and/or used on site.
- LIABILITY WAIVER
- Clients are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to SPLICE Studios Terms and Conditions as well as its Liability Waiver upon rental of any part of SPLICE Studios.
- If any item/equipment is damaged or missing at the start of a rental period, please report it to SPLICE Studios immediately.
- No person shall enter SPLICE Studios without signing our Liability Waiver (except those with a valid insurance waiver).
- Clients shall be responsible for Insurance Coverage for all personal/professional equipment, Workmen Compensation and Public Liability where applicable. SPLICE Studios has Insurance Coverage for the premises only and all clients agree to release, discharge and hold SPLICE Studios its agents and/or servants, successors and/or assigns and duly appointed persons acting on its behalf harmless from any and all liability or claims including theft arising out of the rental of or occurring in any space in SPLICE Studios.
- By signing this document, Clients acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and assume the risk that they may be exposed or infected by COVID-19 at any time. Clients assume this risk and release, discharge and hold harmless SPLICE Studios its agents and/or servants, assigns and successors from any and all liability or claims, costs or expenses of any kind relating thereto whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during or after a rental period.
- Clients may invite guests, contractors or permitted sub-tenants into the Premises during (and only during) reservations and billable overtime hours.
- Clients are responsible for having every invited person sign Liability Waiver.
- All models must be of legal age.
- Clients shall have the written consent of the parent/guardian of any minor involved in shoots/work.
- Any minor child present upon the Premises is deemed to be under the care, supervision and control of the Clients. Clients understand and acknowledge that they are aware and assume the risks (including but not limited to the risk of serious bodily injury, property loss or damage) of a minor child upon the Premises and that SPLICE Studios shall have no responsibility whatsoever in regard to said child including but not limited to the payment of medical treatment and related costs if said minor child is injured.
- Clients shall not remove from the premises any equipment and/or props belonging to SPLICE Studios and shall be responsible for any loss or damage caused to any such equipment and props during the relevant rental period.
- No forbearance or delay by SPLICE Studios in enforcing these terms and conditions shall prejudice or restrict its rights nor shall any waiver of its rights operate as a waiver of any subsequent breach and no right, power or remedy herein conferred upon or reserved for SPLICE Studios is exclusive of any other right, power or remedy.
- SPLICE Studios accepts no responsibility whatsoever for letters and/or packages delivered to its premises beyond five (5) working days.
- SET UP AND STRIKE TIME
- Clients must include set up and take down/clean up time within the hours booked, to avoid overtime charges. Clients may arrive 30 minutes early to unload.
- NUMBER OF ATTENDEES
- We have a Maximum number of attendees for events, which depends on the space being hired, and this is to be advised prior to bookings. The specified maximum attendees must not be exceeded for security and safety reasons and we reserve the right to refuse entry or terminate a booking if a venue space is at capacity.
- SPLICE Studios retains the right to refuse entry to any person for any reason without explanation.
- Clients must ensure that all minors under the age of 16 are always accompanied by a chaperone. Minors must have a parent(s) or guardian(s) permission to be at our Premises, and/or to be photographed or filmed as relevant.
- Use of Equipment
- In the event that a booking requires the use of SPLICE Studios lighting, sound or other equipment, all equipment used must be returned promptly at the end of the rental period in the original condition, and the Client shall be liable for repair or replacement cost for any missing or damaged equipment.
- Clients may not without the written consent of SPLICE Studios; remove the equipment from the studio Premises; modify or alter or tamper with the equipment in any way; use the equipment in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer; nor allow the equipment to be used by any untrained or unauthorised personnel.
- Any required equipment, prop or studio booking add-ons must be requested and added to booking in advance to ensure availability. SPLICE Studios cannot guarantee the availability of any equipment or prop where it has not been specifically requested, confirmed and added to a booking (listed in booking confirmation email within inclusive extras section).
- Breakages, Losses and Damages
- Clients are responsible for any breakages, losses or damages caused to the Premises or equipment caused by themselves their servants and/or agents and/or any other person(s) incidental to the Clients presence upon the Premises during the hire period.
- All equipment used is at the risk of the Clients and SPLICE Studios shall not be liable to the Clients for any loss, damage, expense, or for any consequential loss (including loss of profit) arising out of or in connection with any damage to or loss of property by the Clients or third party; any breakdown, stoppage or failure of the facilities/equipment provided by SPLICE Studios.
- Alteration(s) or addition(s) to the premises or equipment is not permitted without prior written consent.
- Clients shall not attach or display any advertisement, sign or notice on the premises that is visible from the exterior except any that has been approved in writing by SPLICE Studios or its agents and/or those subject to their direction and/or control.
- Clients must check any equipment provided and must notify SPLICE Studios at the time of supply if equipment is damaged or if the condition of the equipment is not acceptable. The Client is responsible for any breakages or damage if SPLICE Studios was not notified at the time of supply.
- SPLICE Studios may terminate any booking or hire contract by giving 24 hours notice if the Client is found to be in breach of any of these terms and conditions.
- Termination shall not prejudice the rights and remedies of SPLICE Studios in respect to any breach of these terms and conditions.
- Music can be played inside the Premises until 1 a.m. at a moderate and reasonable level (at the discretion of SPLICE Studios) and Music in outdoor areas must be turned off by 1 a.m. Noise levels outside of the Premises must be kept to a reasonable level during hire periods. Clients are asked to be considerate of other occupants and neighbouring residents when using our facilities.
- Events on The Skyy (the rooftop) must turn off the music by 1 a.m. and all guests must leave the Premises by 1:30 a.m.
- Clients, their agents and/or those under their directions and/or control agree to use their hired space for the purposes for which they indicate and for no other purpose and no illegal purpose.
- Clients agree to respect the right to common enjoyment of any other Clients that may be in occupation of other SPLICE Studios space(s) and undertake to not obstruct the said enjoyment of SPLICE Studios for others.
- Clients shall not suffer to be done in or upon the said premises or any part thereof anything which shall or may become a nuisance or inconvenience to SPLICE Studios or the occupiers of the adjoining premises.
- As SPLICE Studios is situated in a private residential area, we require you to follow the conditions listed below in order to maintain good relations with neighbours and for us to abide by the terms of our trading licence:
(i) Music must be played at reasonable levels (at discretion of SPLICE Studios) so that our neighbours are not inconvenienced (especially for evening bookings).
(ii) Do not congregate in the communal areas outside the property.
(iii) Ensure attendees do not disrupt or cause inconvenience to nearby neighbours during bookings as well as when arriving and leaving.
(iv) Do not park in a manner that blocks or impedes our neighbours entrances. We have 4 parking spaces allocated for Clients on the property. Additional parking is available on the road.
(v) Any video/photo shoots outside the property in communal and car park areas must be confirmed with SPLICE Studios in advance.
- LITTERING AND WASTE DISPOSAL
- Clients must not litter and drop waste on the inside or outside of our premises, and must put all litter in internal bins or in specified rubbish and recycling skips which are located outside of our premises. Additional garbage bags will be provided and clients are responsible for ensuring all waste is disposed of and outside spaces are kept clean and litter free. Failure to do so will result in additional charges and may affect your Security Deposit.
- Studio Seven Cyclorama/Cove Painting
- Studio Seven’s floor is Epoxy Painted. Damage to the floor will incur a repainting fee of$5,500 . This charge is applicable if the floor is excessively marked and not left in reusable condition (mopping of the floor is normally sufficient when not excessively marked and we can supply a mop).
- The Infinity Cove/Cyclorama will not always be freshly painted/spotless at the start of bookings but Clients can request for the cove to be painted prior to bookings at a fee of $3,500.
- Should you require a different colour background you will need to request a quote to paint and then return to white.
- Event Bookings
We have the following license terms for event bookings:
- Ensure all events finish and guests have left by 1:30am for all areas.
- Ensure event guests do not disrupt or cause inconvenience to neighbours during events as well as when arriving and leaving.
- Ensure all fire exits remain clear of obstructions, especially the stairs.
SPLICE Studios would advise a viewing of the space so that you can assess suitability for your event, and during the viewing we can also advise on what qualifies as reasonable sound levels.
- THE LOFTT (APARTMENT) BOOKINGS AND THE HOTT DESKZ
- Save and except for the kitchen located in The Loft, clients agree to not to cook or have any open flames on the said premises or any part thereof.
- Clients will not directly, indirectly, or on behalf of others; solicit, induce, recruit, encourage or otherwise endeavour to cause or attempt to cause any employee, previous employee or consultant of SPLICE Studios to perform any business/services to the client or to terminate their relationship with SPLICE Studios.
- These Terms and Conditions are valid at time of booking and are subject to variation. Clients will be notified of any variations prior to booking.
- This document contains the entire agreement of the parties and may be changed only by an agreement in writing signed by SPLICE Studios and the Clients.
- Clients shall not assign or sublet or rent any part of the premises without prior written agreement from SPLICE Studios.
- Clients agree that the following terms have the following meanings:
Agreement refers to any agreement pursuant to the use of SPLICE Studios and rental of any spaces therein
Arbitrator is a duly qualified and experienced professional in Arbitration
Parties refers to the Parties to any agreement pursuant to the use of SPLICE Studios and their successors in title
- In the event of any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to the breach of any term or condition of an agreement with Splice Studios, all parties shall first attempt in good faith to resolve all differences between themselves.
- Failing the above all disputes shall be referred to arbitration by one Party giving written notice to the other of its desire to go to arbitration and such arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the following terms:
(i) The arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the Arbitration Act Chapter 5:01 the Arbitration Act of the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago as amended.
(ii) The arbitration tribunal shall consist of one (1) arbitrator to be appointed in accordance with the said Act. The Arbitrator shall have 5 years or more of Arbitration experience.
(iii) The place of arbitration shall be at SPLICE Studios.
(iv) The costs of the arbitration proceedings shall be borne by the Parties equally.
(v) The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the Parties and either party may seek to enforce the decision of the arbitrators in any court of competent jurisdiction.
(vi) Any award of damages pursuant to such arbitration shall be included in a written decision signed by the arbitrator which shall state the reasons upon which the award was based, including all the elements involved in calculation of that award, and such damages shall be consistent with the terms and conditions of this Contract which makes provision for the same.
(vii) In any arbitration proceedings hereunder, the arbitrator is authorized to order specific performance of any obligation hereunder and to award reasonable costs in respect thereof to the prevailing Party and
(viii) Any reference to arbitration shall be a submission to arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Act Chapter 5.01 of the Laws of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago or any statutory variation, modification or re-enactment thereof for the time being in force.
- A Party shall not initiate legal action in respect of any dispute covered under this clause until the process set out in this clause has been completed but the provisions of this clause shall not prevent either Party from seeking or obtaining or enforcing any form of injunctive or interlocutory relief.
- Applicable Law
- The Laws of Trinidad and Tobago (as amended) shall govern all agreements.